Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Love is the Reason

I've had some interesting experiences the past couple weeks, and I can only come to one conclusion.. The Lord must love me A LOT. Let me explain. I'm not saying this in arrogance since He loves all his children, but I came to this conclusion after remembering a quote I used to rely heavily on which says: 'When trials are not consequences of your disobedience, they are evidence that the Lord feels you are prepared to grow more.' -Richard G. Scott. I used to rehearse this to myself all the time when I was on my mission, but haven't reminded myself of it very much since coming home. It is one I should put up on my mirror that I look into everyday, to remind myself of how much the Lord loves me to desires my growth. It doesn't make the trial I am going through any easier to bear, but it does help me to understand part of the reasoning behind it. I may never fully understand the reasoning behind why things happen in my life, or other's for that matter, but I do know this- it is for personal growth. No matter the trial we go through in life, it helps us to understand ourselves that much more and to gain the experience necessary to become who we are meant to be. He just wants us to be happy and to gain the knowledge required of us to return to live in His presence. (Moses 1:39) I'm grateful for the understanding I have of God's nature- that He loves us to a degree that you and I cannot even begin to fathom. This is what truly gets me through the trials at hand. I may not be perfect at it, but I am trying to remember this truth through all that I encounter.

No comments:

Post a Comment