Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hurdles

Recently I have been feeling a little overwhelmed and discouraged, as well as somewhat jealous of other's life goals coming sooner than mine seem to be coming. I'm not sure how many of you know this, but I really want to go to Physical Therapy school and I am getting closer and closer, however sometimes it feels like it is never going to come. I have a few friends getting interviewed for PT schools right now and they will be starting this summer; however I can't even apply until this coming fall, let alone get an interview until this time next year- if I even get one. So I have been feeling a bit of jealousy over not being to that point right now, as well as feeling the struggle of having a difficult semester. Somehow thought it was smart to put PhysicsII, GenChemII, GenChemII lab, and the Capstone for my major all in the same semester.. don't ask me why, I couldn't tell you. Along with those classes comes a lot of hard concepts to wrap your head around, and a lot of homework/quizzes/lab write-ups/studying/reading. On top of that I decided to work about 20 hours a week. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining because this is just another normal semester for me, but I am definitely feeling the weight of the world on my shoulders this week; or maybe that's just my backpack full of bricks.. hmm. I have a lot of difficult things to do for my classes, and all I want is to be in PT school right now, but today I reminded myself that I am doing things that are going to help get me towards my goal. My friends who are doing their interview processes right now have already been here and put in their time with physics/chemistry and deserve to be where they are right now. I need to keep my head focused on what is in front of me now, while still realizing that it is going to get me to where I want to go. Not everything we want is right in front of us, but most of the time what we don't realize is that what is directly in our path is not keeping us from our goal, but simply a hurdle to keep us strong on our path to what we desire. I can't get discouraged and disappointed in where my life is at right now, because it is exactly where I need to be at this moment. The experiences I am going through right now will be for my benefit in the future and will only make me stronger as I overcome them to reach the lofty goals I have set for myself.

2 comments:

  1. i totally know how you feel. but you're amazing and so close! you can dooo itttt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny, I was feeling the same way not to long ago about what kind of a wife and mother I want to be. I have so many awesome women in my life that I want to "grow-up to be like" and my wonderful hubby reminded me that each of them started out where I am now, and worked their way to where I want to be. We have to do the same thing and just remember to enjoy everything along the way.

    I have complete faith in you Missy!
    ((Sending you cyber hugs))

    ReplyDelete