Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Chair-lift porch swing? yes please!

I am the proud owner of a ski lift chair!!! :)
This is my project for the summer- to figure out how to turn this chair into a porch swing. It's going to be amazing! :) Park City took out one of their two-man chairs and decided to put a three-man chair in so they sold all the chairs from the two-man. as soon as they told the employees that they were selling the chairs, all 90 chairs were sold in a matter of 24 hours! so I feel lucky to have gotten one. I've poked around online and found a few variations on ways to frame a ski chair into a swing, and I'm not sure which I like better- wood or metal. I like how durable the metal frames look, but I also love the natural mountain-y feel of the wood frame, so I'm torn. Do I want to go with painted, not painted, wood or metal.. I just don't know! here are some pics of two variations that I have found so far.


I really like both options and think I might end up with a combination of the two, however I still have no idea how I am going to get it made and who will be able to do it for me. So I guess I just need to look around for people who would be willing to help me come up with an idea for the most reasonable price. any ideas anyone?? :) all I can say is whenever it gets made, I will never want to get off it.


No comments:

Post a Comment