Christmas is here, and I can't even believe it! another year gone by and more experiences under my belt. ski season is well under way and I LOVE it! :) the dreaded 'Finals week' is done and behind me. there are plenty of things for me to be grateful for during this season, however, I can't help but get a little bit depressed at this time of year. So much has been put into the commercialized side of Christmas that most people lose sight of the real reason for the season and care more about finding the 'perfect gift', when the Ultimate Gift has already been given to them- the one that the commercialized blinders are hiding from their view. don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good 'ugly sweater party' as much as the next person, and love making gingerbread houses with friends, or even a good white elephant exchange, but it continues to surprise me how much weight the human population puts on the commercialized side of Christmas. I had a friend tell me the other day that I am fighting a losing battle and that I need to just embrace the commercialized side of things. well, I will continue to enjoy the sweaters, the gingerbread, and the white elephants, but that doesn't mean I will ever embrace it more than I embrace the fact that during this season we celebrate the birth of Christ our Lord. Merry Christmas!
"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord."
-Mark 2:11

I started reading your post about Christmas but got totally sidetracked with your music. I absolutley love "out of my league", it's on my wedding video. I thought steven speaks sang it but this TJ McCloud sound the exact same.
ReplyDeleteit's a wonderful song! I love how Stephen Speaks sings it, but the way TJ McCloud sings it is a little different and makes me love the song even more! :)
ReplyDelete