So I tried my hand at gardening this summer and I can definitely admit that I do NOT have a green thumb.. but, I was pretty excited with my little, but delicious outcome. I absolutely love squash and zucchini and so I planted some earlier this summer and was very hopeful to get a large crop. many of my mom's friends and people around the neighbourhood have planted zucchini and they usually get HUGE zucchini out of their little gardens.. but sadly my luck just wasn't the same as theirs. however I was able to pick one of my little crookneck squash tonight and it was delicious! if you look very closely at the picture to the right you can see the pathetic little squash attempting to grow on the plant, and here is the cute little squash that I was able to pull off the vine tonight.
it is pretty small as far as crookneck squash goes, but it was the biggest by far out of the whole lot and definitely the only one ripe enough to pick. so moral of the story is, I need to put my squash and zucchini in a spot with much more direct light next year. although my fruits were not as large as I had hoped, I sure had fun growing my own veggies this summer and I'm very proud of my attempt!
on a much happier note.. SNOW IS ALMOST HERE!! :)
YAY Wife!!! Your gardening experience far exceed my first failing attempt! Way to go! Do it again next year!
ReplyDeleteWe love you!