Monday, May 3, 2010

never satisfied


it seems as if we as a society are never completely satisfied with when the opposite gender flirts with us. which is a shame, because we are all just trying to find that special someone in our lives, but lately it seems as if I have been a bit hypocritical about it. I have caught myself complaining to friends, that guys don't put themselves out there more, and then other times I complain to them because guys put themselves out too much. it seems as if I am one of those common denominators that is never pleased. but I think in my case it is the fact that I get attention when I don't want it. I have plenty of stories about this topic but this one in particular I was getting an innocent pedicure with my sister a few weeks ago when the gentleman who was working on my feet(that's right, a guy was giving me a pedicure..) asked if I wanted to go get a beer with him that night. I politely declined and he proceeded to work on my toenails, and he did a pretty good job for being a guy actually.. but then later he asked if he could set me up with his brother that evening; to which I politely declined as well. and then if that wasn't enough, he asked me once more at the end of my pedicure if I was sure I didn't want to go out for a beer that night with him... how many times can I be polite? too many I guess. I graciously declined again. in this case, the flirting was unwanted.. but then there are plenty of times that I am disappointed at the lack thereof. so I guess instead of complaining next time, I just need to remember that there will be a happy medium eventually and to be patient; then if all else fails, get a fake engagement ring to ward off potential creepers.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, that always seems to be the way, doesn't it? But in this case the guy had a job to do and I feel that he was completely out of line by doing what you say he did. Another part of me, though, is surprised the guy is even straight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad the fake engagement ring doesn't work to well in the singles ward... You ward off the creepers AND the potential dates...

    ReplyDelete