I am a Utah girl through and through, but this boy's love has turned me to a California girl for the next few years. I lived here once before, and that is how I met this man of mine. in 2004 I moved to Huntington Beach, Ca to swim and play water polo for Golden West College. There is an LDS institute of religion across the street from said community college where there was a group of fun people that I became friends with. Among this group of friends was a cute boy who just got home from his mission and we went out on a few dates. Yes. This was THE one. I just didn't know it then, and let him get away. However we did have some fun in the meantime.
This is the mini-golf place that we spent our first date.
This is the foyer at the institute that we spent many hours laughing and hanging out
This is a broom much like the one he bruised my ankle with in broom-hockey for FHE.. haha
Long story short, I was a jerk and kinda stopped talking to him because I didn't know how to communicate in inter-personal relationships.
...Meanwhile
Seven years go by...
I went on a mission, he got his undergrad at CSU Fullerton, I came home from my mission and carried on with my undergrad at the U of U, he got his masters at Argosy, we both went through a few relationships, and life went on as usual, until last march when I decided to go back to HB to visit a good friend for spring break. She and I went to ward temple night with my old(her current) ward the next night, and low and behold, guess who was still in the ward and present..? that's right, folks- Him! :) I had a feeling I should talk to him, so after the baptism session we were outside talking as a group and I snuck a moment or two with him out on the steps of the temple. He didn't seem entirely interested in talking to me, mainly because I was a jerk last time we talked.. but regardless we started emailing each other that night and the next day, which lead to texting the following afternoon, and me practically begging him to do something with me the following night. Needless to say, it took some dragging it out of him, but he was glad to go out with me that evening and offered to pick me up. He ended up choosing the place to eat, and it has become our favourite spot for dinner.. Tsunami Sushi! :)
A few weeks later, I went down to visit another friend which was supposed to be a long girls weekend in Vegas, but changed at the last minute, landing us in HB. He hijacked that visit and stole me from my friend for the night to go meet his parents for the first time, or so I though.. we went the opposite direction on the freeway where he took me to the beach at sunset, and we stood on a cliff overlooking the view. He stood behind me with his arms wrapped around me, then as the sun was setting he spun me around, I nearly fell to my death- thank goodness he was holding on, and there he was kneeling down holding a ring. I was breathless for a minute or two, but at least he had his loving little speech to go through as I regained myself.
Of course I said yes, and here is the little beauty I wear on my left hand everyday. My husband picked out the best ring, that is everything I could possibly want, completely on his own! :)





.jpg)
.jpg)


You blogged!!!! YAY! :) Also, I miss you.... :(
ReplyDeleteloved the wedding! and enjoyed reading the post too!! its always fun to be reminded of the back story!
ReplyDelete